The batch CC order cancellation page is used to process bulk cancellations of controlled circulation orders. This will cancel any live or expired controlled circulation order for the specified product on the specified parties.
Note: Each party will only have one live controlled circulation order per product. When a second order for the same product is created, the previous one is changed to expired status.
There are three steps to processing a batch cc order cancellation:
- Data preparation. The data must be collected and saved in the correct format before it is uploaded
- Create a batch. The order cancellation file must be uploaded to ADvance
- Review and finish processing the batch cancellation data. The data can be reviewed before finishing the processing and cancelling the appropriate orders
Data must be organised and saved in the correct format before it is uploaded to ADvance. Batch upload data must be:
- Saved as .csv format (from Excel)
- The file must have a header row. This must contain only the following column headers
- Column 1 must be PartyID. The data in this column is the ID number for each party which is cancelling their order. It must match the ID for the party record in ADvance
- Column 2 must be Product. The data in this column represents the product in the controlled circulation order which is to be cancelled for the party. It must match the description of the controlled circulation order on the party record
- Column 3 must be ReasonCode. The data in this column is used to give a reason for the order cancellation. This is noted on the party record when the order is cancelled. There are six options:
- 1. This represents orders which are cancelled because the party is deceased
- 7. This represents orders which are cancelled because the party has gone away
- 8. This represents orders which are cancelled because the product is not required by the party
- 10. This represents orders which are cancelled because the party has no time to read the product
- 12. This represents orders which are cancelled because the product content is not relevant to the party
- 37. This represents orders which are cancelled because the product distribution has reached its cut off limit
- Column 4 must be Description. The data in this column is used to give a description for the order cancellation. This is noted on the party record when the order is cancelled.
Note: The Business Intelligence page allows you to export data from ADvance. This can be used to export a list of parties for the batch CC order cancellation. The list can contain the appropriate party IDs and product names to simplify the data preparation process.
How to perform a batch CC order cancellation
- Click New Batch.The new batch form is displayed
- Type a Title for the batch
- Click Add. The batch cc order cancellation is added and the basic details page of batch CC order cancellation is displayed
- Edit the batch as required. There are 2 pages for the batch controlled circulation order:
- Basic-Details page
- Batch Records
- Click Finish Processing to complete the batch cc order cancellation. A confirmation message is displayed showing the number of records which will be processed in the batch
- Click Yes. This will cancel the orders on the party records
The basic details page is used to upload the batch cc order cancellation file.
Note: The batch file must be correctly configured before it is uploaded. See Data preparation on the Batch CC Order Cancellation page for details.
- Click Choose file in the source file field. Browse to where the source file is saved, select it and click Open. The file is added to the page
- Click Upload. the file is uploaded to the batch
The batch records page shows the details of each controlled circulation order cancellation in the batch file.
This page is view only. It is updated after the batch is processed. This will show a record of each cancellation and confirm if it was processed and what the outcome was:
Note: This page is populated when the batch cancellation file is uploaded in the Basic-Details page.