The reconciliation page of a direct debit run shows all AUDDIS and BACS requests which have been rejected.
Use the filter results options to search for rejected requests with a specific criteria.
- Select the search criteria you want. You can filter the results by:
- Date. This will show rejected requests which were sent on a specific day
- Brand. This will show rejected requests which were payments for a specific brand
- Account Holder Name. This will show rejected requests for a specific person
- Account Number. This will show rejected requests for payments from a specific bank account
- Click Filter. The results are displayed in the tables below
- Click Reset to cancel the filters.
The page is split into two tabs:
- AUDDIS. This shows AUDDIS requests which have been rejected
- BACS. This shows BACS requests which have been rejected
How to reconcile rejected AUDDIS requests
Note: Rejected AUDDIS requests are held in the AUDDIS tab to prevent a new AUDDIS request from being sent. This allows you time to check the initial AUDDIS request for errors and query the customers bank details.
When you receive the correct details, you can edit the AUDDIS request here.
- Click a field in the table. The fields is made editable:
You can edit the following fields:
- Account Holder. This is the name of the account holder who has requested direct debit payments. This should match the account name on the bank records.
- Account Number. This is the number for the account of the customer who has requested direct debit payments.
- Sort Code. This is the sort code for the bank of the customer who has requested direct debit payments.
- Click Save. The details of the AUDDIS request are updated.
- The request will be resent when a new AUDDIS file is generated in the Create BACS section.
How to Reconcile Rejected BACS Requests
Note: Rejected BACS requests are held in the BACS tab to prevents a new BACS request from being sent. This allows you time to check the initial BACS request for errors in the Create BACS page.
The BACS request must be rejected in this section to proceed to payment management.
- Tick a rejected request
- Select Reject in the action list at the bottom of the table
The party record is updated to indicate the BACS request has been rejected. You can cancel or suspended the order in the Orders page of the party record to stop new BACS requests from being sent. The rejected request is added to the Payment Management page to check the reasons why the payment request was refused and notify the customer.